Thursday, May 12, 2005

Cable T.V. gave me a PHD.

So I'm chillin' at home this evening. Screwin' around with the blog, trying to find a cool new background. Made some dinner, sat down, watchin' the Phoenix vs Dallas game. Good game. Finally. Anyway, late in the 3rd quarter Joe Johnson of the Suns goes for a dunk. He gets blocked. But he hangs on the rim allowing his momentum to carry his legs in front of him. Well, homeboy hit the flo'. Hard. His body I mean. Mostly his face though. But the announcer made a VERY interesting point. After seeing the play and Mr. Johnson's head bounce off the hardwood, then drip blood on the floor. Senor Johnson got up and his eye was all owiefied. The commentator said "They'll hafta get some ice on that eye. When it swells shut, you lose vision in that eye." I was blown away. Here I am eating mac n' cheese, thinking I'm going to enjoy a mindless basketball game. I think to myself "He can't SEE? When his eye is closed, he can't SEE?!!" Yeah right. I mean, he's not sleeping, so why couldn't he see? I figure that this stupid jock commentator is just making things up. So I try a little experiment. I close my left eye. OMFG!! I can't see out of it!!! He was right! You DO lose vision when that eye closes!! Who would've thought? Well done Mr. Commentator...well done.

No comments: