Friday, September 29, 2006

F.E.A.R. 360 = Scary Ass Crap


Though the Xbox 360 still doesn't justify it's lofty price, I'm still a fan. The PS3 continues to shoot itself in the face. The Wii is gonna be rad, but I don't think it's going to take anything away from the 360. It's a totally different animal than the 360/ PS3 with it's crazy ass controllers and consumer friendly price of $250.
But I'm getting off the subject. The purpose and inspiration of these paragraphs is: F.E.A.R.
I just got done playing the demo. A demo that I downloaded for free on the Xbox Live marketplace.
I've got to tell you, I haven't been this freaked out (it's the freaking AFTERNOON) playing a game since the first Resident Evil, when those goddamn zombie dobermans (dobermen?!) crashed through the window.
The game was originally released on the PC. You might remember the commercials. It had one of those scary Japanese style little girls, a corridor of blood and TONS of explosions. This Xbox 360 port (port = console adaption) has all of those things. And that's just on the demo.
The game is a First Person Shooter (FPS) ala Halo or Call of Duty.
The weapons are so effing awesome. SO effing awesome. They range from standard to experimental. I got freaked out during one of my first encounters with a bad guy and pulled the grenade button (meaning to zoom in, thanks COD). The grenade made contact with the bad guy...and the small room I was in turned a nice shade of red. Dripping, splattered red. The shotgun seemed to have the same affect at close range. I also vaporized a dude from long range with some kind of badass sniper rifle that shoots lightning.
Do yourself a favor and download this demo. Do it after you're done killing me in COD2 and you're heading to bed. Do it before you leave to go to work. Do it while cooking dinner. You're not doing me a favor by getting this. I've got it. I crapped my pants and screamed profanities (this time I have an excuse). Do YOURSELF a favor and get this.
Oh, and the dude in the picture up there? I didn't encounter him, but he seems like a total dick.

No comments: