Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Arrested Development: Immersion


I got Arrested Development: Season 2 from my loving wife for Christmas. So we've been watching a few episodes every couple've nights. Such a great show. I can't believe it's going away. Fox shoved Prison Break down our collective throats during the NFL season, but NOTHING about Arrested Development. I take that back. I think there was a week that it was advertised early in the season. The whole cast was desperatley hucking the show and the new date (Monday) it was going to be shown. One of the premises was turning "Monday" into a bad word. I think it was GOB who told Michael to "Go Monday yourself." Man. Even the commercials were awesome.
Anyway, the DVDs are awesome. I'm hoping for some nice commentaries and other extras. The one on disc one was a bit of a letdown. Too many people trying to get their one liners in at once.
So with all this Arrested Development goin' down, it's been on my mind. So I decided to see if David Cross (Tobias) had a web site. He does. Shocking. He wrote a letter to Larry The Cable Guy (the Git R Done butthole) that's posted there. If you have 10 minutes, you should check it out. Effing hilarious.
After I was done farting the letter, I was curious as to what type of merchandise was available. Not much, but what IS availabe is pretty effing sweet. Check it out.
I'm hoping that maybe (Maebe) once the show is done, they'll sell some of the props/wardrobe. I want GOB' robe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I actually read that whole David Cross letter. I must be bored. Git R Dun!

Glad you liked the book, I'm assuming Angela will find the time to read it to you. Also glad to see from the photo below that you're looking at all the pretty pictures!

Rycrisp said...

Pictures? I just like the way the pages smell.
I also listened to "Shut Up, You Fucking Baby" by Senor Cross last night. A bit long. But the part about the priests and little boys was HI LARE EE US. "God made that perfect little star fruit..."