Thursday, January 26, 2006

Have you theen my bathketbah?



Yesterday was the first day of my basketball league. It was only like thirty bucks to play...so at this rate I'm paying about a dollar a second. My team currently consists of a bunch of dudes that don't know each other. I'll schedule a drum circle.

I know you're dying to know, so I'll just get this out of the way. We lost. Not badly. But we lost. It wasn't fair. Apparently the other team was able to recruit all the black people in Calgary onto their team. Yep, they got BOTH of them. Freakin' messed up, man.

You know what else is messed up? My ankle. Within 15 seconds I had blocked a shot, went for a rebound...and paid for it. I was sprawled on the paint (that's hot...with three x's) wondering what country I was in. Then I remembered...they're gonna put leeches on me to get rid of the swelling!!

So yeah. I sprained the CRAP out of my ankle. I heard it pop when it happened...very similar to the sound of pulling one's 'finger' out of Chris' belly button. "POP!" Except, there was no laughing. So now I have to call work and tell them I can't make it in for a couple of weeks. I hope they understand.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, your boss is a hardass.

"Ease of the whip, Indy!"

Throwback!

Rycrisp said...

mmmmm...Shortround...

Anonymous said...

This picture is a banter-killer. Don't post any pictures like this ever again.

Rycrisp said...

What? Banter killer? Shit. My "L" key is dying. NOOOOO! ll