Friday, January 06, 2006

Makin' My Ears Smile

Constantines - Do yourself a favor and get this album. I don't care what your morals are, buy it, download it. Just get it. Miss Elliott Smith? Get this. Embarrassed that you like Bruce Springsteen or Clapton? Get this. Just sick of all the weak ass indie rock out there that's gonna wind up in the dollar bins at Tower Records? Get this...tell your friends you heard it before it was on The OC. You listening Death Cab for Cutie?
DangerDoom- Holy crap. This is so out of my usual...rap. So good, though. It's like nerd rap...but good. References about Cartoon Network? Guest appearances by Talib Kweli and Ghostface? Beats with organs and horns. Space Ghost? Yeah, he's on there. I love it. Too many musicians being too serious these days. Not here, this is shit to clean the house too, make road trips to, eat brownies to. Slag. Get this.
BARS- Not as accessible as the other 2 bands. At least not to most of the people I know. But damn man, these guys ROCK my ass. Former members of The Hope Conspiracy and Give up the Ghost (PISSED!) got together and started this band that will eat your face and then poop it out. If you need something to encourage your road rage or something to kick small animals to, this is it. I can't stop listening to it. It goes with me on runs and bike rides. Just good rockin' melodic hardcore.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danger Doom is on it's way as we speak. I got it from my Russian buddy. If it sucks I'm holding you personally responsible, CRISP. You'll owe me 1.50 (US, Beyatch!)

Rycrisp said...

I may need to contact your Russian buddies. Or Limewire. You know anything about Limewire? Napster is ight' (thanks Karl) but I can't burn stuff. You gotta pay. I miss the old days.
I just got done listening to DD again. It's effin' good. That Dangermouse is the DJ. He's the dude that mixed the Beatles n' Jay Z. So. Y'know. That's cool. Or whatever.

Randy Leonard said...

Hmph.

Double Hmph.

What about The Temptations, Marvin Gaye, Al Stewart, Dion, Janis Joplin, Tower of Power, The Bee Gees....etc?

Now thats music.

River Rat said...

Lou Rawls baby.

Rycrisp said...

Lou Rawls died in the mine...I'm sorry RR.

Anonymous said...

ALL those guys are dead. Chuck reminds me of Uncle Rico...
"Ohhhh, man I wish I could go back in time. I'd take state."

Rycrisp said...

Slag- Contrary to popular belief, Janis Joplin was a WOMAN! I know, I know. However, you are correct. She's dead.
How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?...

Rycrisp said...

Ahhahahaha! DOG FIGHT! That little deer Karl. Awesome. You gonna watch people pee?

Anonymous said...

Oh shit.

Mara's brother is coming up this weekend. It's gonna be like The Odd Couple- but with a pissed off Mara somewhere in the middle. We're going snowboarding so bring the general.

Anonymous said...

Oh wait... I think we're going Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Okay, and when I'm done you can talk about the moose you bagged last weekend.

Karl you're getting the silent treatment until you post stache pics. I know no Karl.

Rycrisp said...

Who's Karl?

Rycrisp said...

Take a good look, Chris. Because it's the last time you'll ever see THESE!