Monday, January 23, 2006

Superbowl Party


I just want everyone to know. You're invited. There'll be nachos, soda, candy and my AWESOME company. And Simon. Lot's of Simon for everyone. And a little bit of Owen...when he feels like it.
What a great day Sunday was. I'm still living it. I haven't slept...it's almost 6am, my wife is doing her morning work out. I'm drinking coffee. Not excercising. I will be soon, though. Basketball starts on Wednesday. I'm hoping the fact that I haven't played since my semi-pro days with Slag won't hurt me. I think the fact that I'm American gives me an edge though...right? USA USA! I mean, is there even ONE good Canadian basketball player? Heck no! Oh man. I'm gonna get my ass kicked on Wednesday. You know how some people can't sleep because of work? I don't get that. But I DO worry about missing lay ups and what little jump shot I had being left behind with my comic books. Whatever. The Seahawks are going to the Superbowl.
I was cheering like my fellow Americans. But I think my neighbors were trying to find the hockey game I was so excited aboot. Canadian Dad brought over a good luck shrimp ring and a new Seahawks pin...Ramblin' Rod style.
So you guys are all invited to the only Superbowl party in Alberta. The only one that counts at least. Bring my jumpshot, please.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bring the music!

Anonymous said...

I'll be there, maybe even a few nights early!

Rycrisp said...

This is a SUPER Bowl party, Christian. Not a make out party.

Anonymous said...

Since when does 'lots' have an apostrophe?

Rycrisp said...

Since frog's (hahaha) became cool.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you remember SOMETHING from school.