Tuesday, November 22, 2005

True Crime: Calgary

I went to run some errands downtown this morning. Y'know, mail stuff, pick up a video game. I parked on a sidestreet in a spot that wasn't metered. Except it WAS metered! No signs, just a spot that you're s'posed to put one of those stickers in your windshield. Portland style. Except in Portland, there's signs. And cops. That taser your balls.
Anyway, on my way BACK from the errands, I saw the sign. Half a block away from where I parked. The ONLY sign. Nice.
Now, the only reason I'm writing this is becasue this morning I was reading the paper (the comics are awesome! I love Get Fuzzy) and saw this headline:
Police Ordered to Write More Tickets.
Well, apparently the cops read the newspaper here. This is a proud moment. At last, I'm finally contributing to the Canadian economy! Haha (I really laughed, but I won't write "LOL"...dammit!) and the best part is the Chief of police said "We do traffic enforcement for one reason--safety." As you can see, I was a mad man! With my car in a parking spot, all parked and motionless...man, somebody could've been KILLED...or worse, IRRITATED!
The parking enforcement up here is crazy. I once saw a cop whip out a measuring tape to see if a car was too close to a crosswalk. These dudes are CRAZY.
Pretty funny. I mean, my wife won't think so...I better go collect some bottles. I'll be playing Resident Evil for the PS2 (eat it Xbox 360) pretending the zombies are cops. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

River Rat said...

You need to shave that shit off dude. Get some glasses so you can read the parking signs and buy season tickets for the flames we are gonna have fun this winter. That is if all games aren't on the tube.

Rycrisp said...

I'd just dull the blades.
You're lookin' forward to the rematch?! Wow. Well, I guess I am too...pad the stats.

Anonymous said...

Parking tickets are an important source of income to fund state and local initiatives to fight global warming and social justice initiatives. Just think of the 124,034 homeless people that are sweating in the tropical rains during the rainy season in Calgary this month. You should not have a car anyway, you tree killer. Can you not just take a rickshaw to where you have to go? Use a ball of cow dung to cook your morning bran porridge?

Clean up your act, earth rapist.

Rycrisp said...

Hey, I bought the Earth a drink. We went back to my place. We were both consenting adults. Plus, what you do to the worm holes in your backyard is rape, Fenris.