Monday, August 22, 2005

2005 B.C. or Outside Providence

5 o' clock. The bags are packed. Toothpaste? Check. Food? Check. Sunblock? Check. 4 Hour drive with almost strangers? Check.
This weekend the wife and I took a road trip with some friends of hers. Shannon (who Angela has known since her days as a snychronized swimmer) and Shannon's mang, Jim. They had invited us to go to Shannon's parents cabin. It's in B.C. The drive was beautiful. Man, if you guys get a chance to come visit me, we'll get out've Calgary and you'll see how awesome this place is. The cabin is at a lake. Wasa Lake. Which invited many jokes. As in "Wasa Lake Motel....what is it NOW?! NEeeyahahahahaha!!!" "All he wanted WASA cookie! Neeeyahahahahaha!" It continued all weekend. And of course, it NEVER got old. The lake was freakin' rad. It's super shallow, so it's pretty warm. At least it was whenever I was in the water. Our hosts had access to a boat, water skis, a kneeboard and water biscuits. Holy crap. As I type, my whole body aches. I was able to wate ski for the first time. My ass is SO kicked. But that shit is FUN. We also went swimming in the lake. I'm pretty sunburnt. Apparently there was also a badger in the area. There were signs. Not badger poop and tracks, but signs. "Warning: A badger has been sighted in the area. Do not approach." I don't understand. He was very nice. Served the BEST iced mocha's. Anyway, on Sunday we swam in the morning. Nobody was at the lake. It was like glass, as they say. Angela and I are chillin' on the "beach" when an ASSLOAD of people show up. In their Sunday best. Crap."Uhhh, check that out." "Oh wow, must've just gotten out of church." It was a beautiful day. About 25 by noon (bout'85 F). Made sense some of the locals would come to the lake after church. But that's where we were mistaken. It wasn't AFTER church. It was DURING church. "I think it's a funeral" I said. "Nooo...not many black outfits." "Well, I don't think hip hop is popular with the church crowd." Then the pastor started talking, other people came up and spoke...they they walked to the lake. My tattooed and self can't stop staring at the people staring at me. Then the walked INTO the lake. It was a freakin' baptism!! Creeeeeeeeepy. Angela and I tried playing Speed (thanks Mila!!) while people were accepting Jesus into their lives. Then being drowned. WTF?!! Alright. I couldn't sit still anymore. As the congregation sang along with an acoustic guitar ( I bet that dude gets ALL the church poontang!) I ran into the lake. I'm gonna get me some second hand Jesus. So as I sit in my apartment on Monday, I can tell you that Jesus is ALL OVER me. My skin burns. Plus I totally got in trouble for staring n' stuff. Angela was brought up all Catholic n' stuff. But it was still pretty funny...man, she was mad. I mean, who knew that cannon balls were sac religious?!! Or that screaming "SATAN OWNS THESE WATERS!!" would cause so many gun shots in my direction. I learned the hard way.Then we drove home and I learned a little about the history of Canada. Pretty cool. Laiiiiiiid back. Except the part about the hanging, Chinese slavery and the French appeasment. That's why all the signs are in French. Back in the day, they had to make the Frenchies feel like they had kind've won a part of the war. Now we all suffer for it. Kinda weird, the French were treated like the Natives. I'm gonna learn more. Anyway, hopefully everyone else had a rad weekend too. Paix dehors!!!

2 comments:

Rycrisp said...

Mara?! WTF?!!!! I still don't see my props on your blog. Thanks for stopping by. I actually thought Catholics believed in dunking babies in the priests lap. What's that...a lightning cloud? INDOORS?!!

Anonymous said...

Mad Props to your site! Come see mine: http://www.josephsmith.net/portal/site