Friday, September 16, 2005

Fuhbuh Picks

Week 2 SUNDAY, SEP 18
Pittsburgh at Houston
Big Ben is hurt. Willie Parker is a mad man. I'm going with Pitt.
Detroit at Chicago
Holy crap. This one's tough. I have a man crush on Joey...he's an Oregon kid. Representing the NW...but he got rid of the Jake Plummer beard. The Bears have an awesome defense...and the Fridge! They didn't allow a TD in week 1...but that was also against Washington. I don't think Detroit (or my man Kevin Jones...back then you didn't know me...) will be able to run the ball. But Mr. Rogers and Senor Williams will make a difference. Oh. And Pollard too. Detroit. Close one.
Minnesota at Cincinnati
I think Cinci is starting 2-0 this season. At least I hope. Since I'm picking them to win. They're at home...but I think Dante is gonna have a better game this week.
Jacksonville at Indianapolis
Dammit. I am NOT a Colts fan. At all. Having said that, they are still a force to be reckoned with. Like gum in your hair. Or oil on your shirt. And at home. Indy...but I'll be pullin' for Byron to prove me wrong.
Baltimore at Tennessee
This game is going to be lopsided for Baltimore, or Old Man McNair is gonna pull through. I'm going with the latter. Home opener. Everyone talkin' trash...plus they have a guy named Pac Man. Titans win.
New England at Carolina
I guess I was on the Carolina bandwagon. I had this game as a Super Bowl preview. I didn't know SI picked the same thing. Stupid satellites. I'm taking Carolina. It was too close with Oakland for NE (in the first half when Sapp and Co. were still riding high on their Big Mac buzz). I don't think Carolina's defense is gonna tire out in the second half.
Buffalo at Tampa Bay
Defense game. J.P. Losman (whose name still gets stuck in my head. It's like a bad song.) and Brian Griese. I'm going with Tampa. Cadillac will be the difference. Or not. What? It makes it sound like I know what I'm talking about!
San Francisco at Philadelphia
At least this week there's gonna be a tie for first in the NFC West.
St. Louis at Arizona
Ugh. 2 things I despise (no, not baths and toothpaste). Kurt Warner and the Rams. I'm taking...oh man...this throw-up tastes bad...Rams. Stephen Jackson.
Atlanta at Seattle
My heart says Seattle. And my heart will be right if Seattle can start a brawl before the game that involves Michael Vick and the Falcons defense. I hope I'm wrong, Atlanta takes this one.
Miami at NY Jets
J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, LOSE! Penny's arm is done.
Cleveland at Green Bay
Reggie White's number is going to be retired on Sunday. That on top of Walker being gone and the embarrassing loss last week, I think the Packers are going to rebound. Does it count as a rebound against Cleveland?
San Diego at Denver
Jake the Snake. Jake throws a TD, body slams a linebacker...."what's he got there? A bag? It's moving! There's something in the bag! What's he doing?! OH MY GOD!" Then Jake puts a big ass boa constrictor on the linebacker. And does a line of coke. San Diego and the returning Antonio Gates will take this.
Kansas City at Oakland
KC will outscore Oakland. I don't know about all this KC defense crap. But their offense is nuts.
-MONDAY, SEP 19
NY Giants at New Orleans -Giants Stadium
How is this New York AT New Orleans? IN New York? And all this "The Saints are America's Team..." Shut up. Get off the saints' jocks. They're America's team because they're homeless? Because they're representing a region stricken with poverty? Because LA is a red state? Right.
I hate Eli Manning. America's Team wins. (the Saints.)
Washington at Dallas
Redskins (how the hell are they still called that?) and Cowboys (the 'other' America's Team...Jesus!) Washington has the reliable defense. Dallas is looking like they do too. But they've also got Julius. And Drew Bledsoe. Does that cancel Julius out? No, they have Keyshawn too! Oh wait. Right.Washington is already switching QB's. I'm taking Dallas and their sneaky plays.

10 comments:

Rycrisp said...

Don't judge Linda so harshly. She's just a streetwalkin' momma tryin' to make ends meet. How to buy and sell EVERYthing...*wink* *wink*.

The Mayor said...

That's amazing, I picked the exact opposite of every pick you made.

The Mayor said...

BTW, has anyone told you that you can stop the spam by going into tools in blogger and clicking off spam.

Unless, of course, you really dig the spam and everything it represents.

The Mayor said...

Have I mentioned that I picked every opposite team you picked, and there's an easy way to stop the spam?

Have I mentioned that?

Well, have I?

Rycrisp said...

Mayor, if I turn off the spam, then who's gonna leave me messages? You?
Oh, and how can you think that SF is gonna beat Philly?! This isn't a fireworks factory, y'know. The odds are not in your favor.

The Mayor said...

You arrogant tyrant. Picking football teams when xillions are dying in the refugee camps in Texas! You should immediately give 1,800 dollars to The Canadian Refugee Relief Society, headquartered in Erin Ontario

Fenris Badwulf

Rycrisp said...

It started as Fuck City...but we couldn't resist.

Rycrisp said...

I'm looking like an expert so far! Except Chicago. GODDAMMIT!

The Mayor said...

Actually, those were some pretty freakin' good picks.

You do hockey picks too?

Rycrisp said...

Mayor, I have to admit, my hockey knowledge isn't as fakeable as my football knowledge. But I'll tell you this: I want Crosby to choke. And I want the Flames to get what's rightfully theirs. My heart. Oh, and it would rule if they played with those Moss masks on.