Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I'll Never See My Friends Again


Forgive me for a being a few days behind on Oregon news. Aside from the Blazers training camps, I haven't been paying much attention. Until, I felt a disturbance in the Force. It was as if a million voices cried out at once. Then lit a cigarette.
As I was rockin' out to Valient Thorr, there was a buzz at the door. It was my Father-In-Law. Stopping by to talk some hockey and to smack me around for my football picks. In between upper cuts and right hooks, he asked me if I'd heard what Oregon had done?
Trying to stay conscious I reply "What they've done? What do you mean?"
"Live Sex shows." This is awkward on so many levels. I'm from Oregon. And I didn't know whether to act disgusted or give him a high five.
I got online just to make sure the Canadians weren't spreading misinformation. They weren't. And misinformation isn't the only thing spreading in Oregon right now.
I have just one question. Did this go through the City Council? Probably not. Since it's a State issue. But, let's just pretend it did. Go through the City Council. I wonder how the representative from Multnomah County would have voted. Just curious.
In other news, my Dad has inexplicably canceled his trip. "Something has come up." Huh.

9 comments:

Li'l Em said...

The question is not why this happened, but why this happened in OREGON. Live shows featuring masturbation and sex? I would look for this debuting first in Jersey.

Beautiful spelling, young RamCrisp, I can only imagine how fantastic your penmanship is! Spoken like a true unwashed Ozark!

Anonymous said...

I wish it was all men.

Li'l Em said...

Well, to quote Gandhi, you must be the change you wish to see in the world, young squire.

Anonymous said...

Pretending to be me? Low blow. I'd hate to turn off the anon feature. HATE.

Anonymous said...

For the week Rycrisp is up for grabs. You are not allowed to use the name untill sunday so eat a D. Besides as your brother I reserve the right to do what I want on your blog.

Randy Leonard said...

Clearly, Emily, you do not appreciate the purity that Oregonian's approach our right to free speech from.

Article I, section 8, of the Oregon Constitution provides that,

"No law shall be passed restraining the free expression of opinion, or restricting the right to speak, write, or print freely on any subject whatever; but every person shall be responsible for the abuse of this right."

Now, for the uninspired that just means you can damn near say whatever you want.

For the more creative Oregonians, however, the unfettered ability to express oneself via a variety of, er, umm, "artistic" mediums opens up a whole new universe.

It is truly every Oregonian's patriotic obligation to support the free speech endeavors that our Sisters, in the continuing struggle of fighting for our rights, so inspirationally express.

Long live free speech and expression.

God bless the framers of the Oregon Constitution.

And Emily, I invite you to join me in my life long fight to get the foot of the Man off the throat of of the People...especially our Sisters.

And not to worry son, my release date is early enough for me to be on track for my trek.

Li'l Em said...

Brilliantly put, Chuck. I am now enlightened.

Randy Leonard said...

Chris The Amber Alert-
I am concerned that you are more upset with Rep Wirth's romantic relationship with a janitor than you are over her alleged Meth use.

Emily-
Welcome to my army.

The Mayor said...

What's this have to do with you being a traitor and betting against the Seahawks?